I had a close call with one of every moms worst nightmares. I have a bad tendancy to not want to talk about things that scare me, so thats why this hasn't been blogged yet, but everyone close knows what happened, so I might as well.
Every Wednesday I play volleyball with a bunch of other moms at the local stake center. We play, and the kids run around on the other court and play. Well, I pull into the parking lot, and am making a left hand turn into the parking stall o' say 3-5mph or so...and I hear the back door open. For those of you who don't know, I'm driving a Tundra these days to accomodate all my kids. the drop from the back seat is probably a good five feet. Wes decides he's to excited and in mid turn, he unlocks the door..and opens it. Since he was sitting on the left side, the force of the heavy door and the arc of the turn just threw him. I slammed the truck into park so fast fearing I could run him over. I didn't. thank heavens. He had hit the ground and rolled several times before I got to him. Other than some scrapes and bruises, and extreme shock, he's fine. The next time we got into the car to go home, he says "mom, I will never, never, never do that again."
sigh.
The day it happened
four days after
6 years ago
7 comments:
So scary! I'm so glad the little guy is okay, and I hope you recover too. That is terrifying.
Aubree
hey! sorry about Wes. :( hope everything is okay.
That happened to us just once as well - he won't do it again! Hope all is well - breathe!
Wow, I would have been terrified too! I am so glad Wes is alright. It's good you were so quick to react. No doubt he's learned not to do that again.
Do I ever get lonely? Yes, sometimes. I have friends here but I miss my family and friends in the States. And I just miss the USA. But I'm so glad to be here and have this experience. I have the whole rest of my life to live in America ;)
Awww poor Wes! I would have freaked too. I'm glad he decided not to ever do that again. Poor little guy!
Oh that's terrible. I hope you've both recovered! Poor little guy. Poor mommy!
Oh my goodness, that little stinker. I am so glad he is ok!
Post a Comment