Its been two years, but we finally did it. About a year and a half ago I bought some fabric on sale with the idea to use it as a wainscoat for the theater room. Well, lots of other projects are more important than a theater room, so it's taken a while to get it done. We found the motivation when Brad invited 20 people over to watch the BSU vs Oregon game. So Monday I picked out some paint, Monday night we painted it, Tuesday we did the second coat, and Wednesday and Thursday we put up the fabric wainscoat. I gotta say, after we had the paint up and just tacked up the fabric to see what it looks like, I wasn't so sure of the idea anymore. I couldn't tell if the colors matched anymore, and I wasn't sure about the two textures mixing. I had a couple people tell me they felt the same way, but since I was into the project about $150, I felt there wasn't really any backing out. So we finished it, and I'm actually really happy with it. Getting the trim up to tie it all in really made all the difference. I thought I had a before picture but I couldn't find it.
6 years ago
5 comments:
So funny, It looks so much greener in the picture than it does to me in person. WEIRD
looks fabulous! :)
How fun! It's so satisfying when a project gets done. It looks great!
That room looks awesome! You are so ambitious. Hope you are feeling well.
nice. my sis did fabric walls above a chair rail in her little girls room. it was darling! you guys sure did a lot in a short time.
Post a Comment