Hey everyone! I've got three kids napping, and one playing very peacefully by himself for the moment, so I'd like to jot a few things down.
This post will probably be a little different than the rest in that I don't normally write about personal stuff or random thoughts, primarily because I've had this idea in my head that people don't want to hear about my issues. And you probably don't....but I came across an idea the other day to write for ten minutes a day. So we'll try it out here.
Lately I've really taken an interest in finding out more about me, and how and why I function the way that I do. I often feel that I can do better. But sometimes my mind holds me back. I think that if I don't do something perfect the first time, I shouldn't waste time doing it because so many people can do it better. So I've been reading this book called "James Bradshaw: On the Family." It's goal is to show us how to identify where we are dysfunctional as a person, and why. Then, the most important part, how to not pass that dysfunction onto our children. We all get caught in these often destructive cycles, and I'd like to know how to brake mine.
A very important goal for myself is to be more positive. I do have the moments where I look at my children and my husband and have a full heart, but I find it so hard to display that. Almost like....If I'm enjoying life....I'm not doing something right.
I'd like to be able to recognize, and share more effectively what makes my life so wonderful. Because it is. It is joyful, and joyous. Of course there are hardships... DAILY. But there are joys... Daily. So, I'm going to use my blog to learn to better express the joys...and trials (because lets face it, we've ALL got 'em) of this experience we call marriage and parenthood.
6 years ago
6 comments:
I LOVE it!!! I hear where you're coming from about not wanting to post it all, and you don't have to...personal journals are great for that kind of thing...
All the same, I learn SO much from all my 'blogging' friends and what they write. I personally learn a lot about myself and how to deal with things through shared experiences... Sometimes others' posts help me to realize that there are ups and downs and its OKAY to have them.
Good luck! (I'll have to pick that book up at the library and read it some time. It sounds like a great book!)
It's so funny that you say that...I do the same thing. I talk myself out of doing something if I know I can't do it perfect or just as good as anyone else. It's a difficult thing to stop doing.
It is nice to hear that someone else is human and that we hall have shortcomings! Love you Nicole. Can't wait to see you hopefully! PLEASE COME! We really miss you guys.
Don't be so hard on yourself! I think you're great. I don't get tired of hearing about peoples trials and things going on in their lives, but I think that sometimes too.
Sometimes when we are so down on ourselves and thinking "why me", it sometimes puts our lives back into pespective when someone else is going through the same thing or even something worse. Love the idea of bettering ourselves and views on life. Sometimes having a place to jot it all down or say it outloud to something that can't talk back, helps. Love ya girlie.
Hi Brad & Nicole, Nicole you dont know me, but i knew Brad in high school, actually we use to work together at Louies a long time ago, anyways when i was there in IF a couple of weeks ago i ran into him at Target and he gave me your blog address, you are a very cute family and if you ever come to Boise again, let me know. Holli
Post a Comment