Thursday, September 10, 2009

Me

Sometimes I struggle being a mom, especially in the patience department. Not a day goes by that I haven't gotten after (patiently) my boys to stay off the counter, and not a day has gone by that I haven't cleaned up an entire cup of milk or juice out of the cracks on my wood floor. It's probably exaserbated by the fact that I'm on the phone talking to an adult for the first time that day, basically that my attention is heaven forbid, elswhere.

My point in saying this is not that it's particularly hard for me, because, I know, everyone else cleans up spills all day long too. But I think I take my frustrations out on my friends and husband. Not that I'm mad at them or have any negative feelings towards them, I just sort of....shut down. I'm not sure how not to. I had a really rough morning. I mean...is it so much to ask, to want to look nice and not be late to things? How am I supposed to be so cheery when just to blow dry my hair I'm looking at Belle screaming pushing me away from the counter while Wes and Miles reek havoc on my pantry?! Seems like everyone else manages to put a smile on their face. Whats wrong with me? Sorry friends and husband.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

There is NOTHING wrong with you!!! You are an amazing mother. You have three children that act their age, and it is impossible to control or make them do what WE want them to do...Ryan tells me that EVERY day and he's at home with them...I get SO frustrated, too...and like you, it happens when I'm taking care of me....Let us watch your kids for you some time...you probably need a little girl time or date time with your hubby...we'd be happy to take them off your hands for awhile. :) give me a call! Maybe we could trade or something...

Mandi said...

Agreed. Nothing wrong with you. I get that way sometimes too....my poor husband. We miss you...when is the ultrasound?

Nicole Poulsen Christensen said...

Were not finding out this time. This might be our last baby, and we already have boys and a girl, so Brad thinks it would be fun to not find out. Me...not so much, but I'll indulge him this time.

Christina said...

Every mother has those days! I have them more often than I wish I did, even though we only have one child, we rarely get to go out alone. Sometimes I feel like all I am is a mom!