Friday, May 9, 2008

Out of control!






O.K. I have a major problem. So about a month ago my sister started trying to get me to read the "twilight" series. It's not that I didn't want to read them, I just didn't have time. Well I finally gave in so that she would stop calling every other day asking "have you started it yet?"
I read all three in 6 days. I have dreamt about the dang book almost every night since then, and I judge all of Brads comments on wether or not "Edward" would have said that. OUT OF CONTROL! Ask my husband. Brad calls that type of reading "girl porn." Not in the sense of naked dudes, but in the sense of setting "unrealistic expectations." I can't really say he's wrong either. Who doesn't want their cheek bones caressed every time you see your husband... like it's been the first time you've seen each other in years?! Who doesn't want to be want to be somebody's type of heroine? AGHHHHH! And then theres Jacob. Can you see my obsession? Somebody please help.

4 comments:

Christina said...

I'll admit, I'm interested. I love to read. But I need to wait...I can't get caught up in a book right now! lol. That happened with the book "The Other Boleyn Girl". I couldn't put it down. I dreamed about it for weeks!

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

Nicole,
You are not alone with your Twilight addiction. The same thing happened to Aubree about a month ago. She went out and bought all three books and read them within a matter of days. And many of our conversations turned to vampire talk. She is also SO excited for the movie to come out. Maybe you guys should start a Twilight Anonymous program.

Mandi said...

Amen! I am currently half way throught the 3rd one. I streted it before we left, and had to leave it there b/c I bvorrowed it from a friend. It's killin' me! Maybe we need a reunion in Dec to go see the movie!

KJ said...

we call it teenage vampire smut at our house...I may break down and read them this summer. Or I might just see the movie. I think I'm the only one in the world who hasn't read these yet!