Thursday, August 20, 2009

For family in RI

Hey Justin, Christina, and Cora! We sure miss you guys! Here's a few pics of what we've been up to this summer. We finally planted grass in early May. As you can see, not only do we have grass....but lots of weeds as well. I was doing well keeping up with them, and then mysteriously lost lots of energy a few months ago.....

Our garden out there, has got four rows of peas, then a row of zucchini and lettuce. The next row is tomatoes then onions. Next we have carrots, then a row of green beans. After that there's a row of canteloups (that died a long time ago), and finally some pumpkins and potatoes.

It's been a lot of work, but I really enjoy taking time after kids are in bed to go harvest and weed. Call me crazy, but it's very therapeutic for me.

We got the deck in last year, which has been wonderful. We're just waiting for better weather to be able to use it...



Our garden


carrots, weeds, onions, weeds, tomatoes, weeds..you get the idea.


Princess Belle, helping me take pics before her bedtime


a little island in the front corner, but overrun with weeds






shhh....don't tell anyone....



and yes...this is....my truck.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Love your update! We should get together some time!

Christina said...

Your garden looks great! I LOVE sunflowers! The grass looks great too. We sure miss you guys! We don't have internet at our place yet (I am at the library with Cora) but when we get it, I'll show the pics to Justin. I had heard you crossed over to the dark side of mini vans! lol

A Erickson said...

I'm highly jealous...One day we'll have lawn...one day.

♥The Balzens♥ said...

oh my gosh!!! the minivan!!!!!

Mike said...

The house is beautiful!!!!! I think the minivan adds a nice touch it says I'm a bad-A but I also want to keep my sanity and this is the best kid mover so get off my back about the minivan.

Brad Christensen said...

hahahah thats awesome! thanks Mike! couldn't have said it better myself....Nicole