A few weeks ago I was talking to my cousin on the phone when she asked me to be a "model" In her upcoming fashion show. You see, she's a fabulous hairstylist and the salon she works at was hosting a fashion show. The stylists would do all hair and makeup and then a local high end fashion boutique would be supplying the clothes line. My first answer was "No" (almost a "hell no") but then I got to thinking about it.
1. I was waaay over due for a hair appointment.
2. maybe I'd get some free clothes out of the deal.
3. what the heck.
So after careful thought, (and threatening Brad with WWIII if he told anybody about it) I called her back and said "ok...sign me up." Maybe I'm just going through a "almost thirty" life crisis, but I agreed. So first step was to get my hair ready. When I went in a few days before the show, I told my cousin she had free reign on anything but the length. Had I thought that bangs was an option, I wouldn't have given such a loose reign, but the option hadn't occurred to me. Well, since I was getting hooked up with a free cut and style, I agreed when she told me that was the first thing she wanted to do. Interestingly enough, just hours earlier I had had a conversation with my sister-in-law about how she was going to get bangs cut at her next hair appt. I told her no way I could do that. She must have thought me crazy when she saw the next day that I had major bangs.
And that has been the hardest to get used to. I don't think I've had bangs...well, I've never had bangs like this. They're kinda growing on me now, but we'll see if they stay.
So time for the fashion show. It was pretty dang fun. Me and the other "models" (I prefer "participant"...if you will) showed up around 1:00 to start getting ready for the 6:00 show. They had snacks and drinks all day, and took care of every detail. It was really like the movies. 6:00 rolls around and we're ready to go. I told myself earlier that if I could get through the event without laughing, I would call it a success. And I did. After a few run through's and some loosening up with some of the other... "participants," I was able to let go and have some fun with it.
6 years ago
7 comments:
for cuteness! SHe did a great job! You look great!
The clothes are way cute! And I love the bands on you. It's so funny I'm actually going to this thing today called cutting for a cause, and I decided I'll probably cut my bangs, but I'm nervous since I havent had bangs since 7th grade...but hey, hair grows back at least. Anyway I think you look great!!!
The bangs look great! I always hesitate when the word 'bangs' is mentioned (probably because they take so darn long to grow out!). You look fab~as usual!
I had to take a double look to see if that was you in the pictures or a maniquin. You gorgous, and you would never guess that you gave birth to your 3rd not long ago. I'm so jealous.
Aubree
Whoo Hooo hot mamma. You just had a kid you look amazing. I like your hair like that. Great Job!
i seriously hate your beauty. Makes me so mad. UGH. just give me some of it ok??!!!!
LOVE IT! Everything about it. The bangs, the clothes, you're rockin' post-baby body, and the fact that YOU were a "model".....pretty much goes against everything you stand for...just kidding....maybe just everything we would normally make fun of. I am so glad you had fun....you're a natural!
Post a Comment